(Rome 1909-1996 Paris)
He was one of the world’s foremost dealers in the French Restoration 1815-1830. He revived the taste of that period in his gallery,157, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris, displaying furniture with the most prestigious stamps in yellow wood (bird’s eye maple, lemon and ash) and decorative objects such as opaline, porcelain, mother-of-pearl, gilt-bronze, glass paperweights and paintings. He furnished the Maison de Chateaubriand La Vallée aux Loups in Châtenay Malabry and published Les Presse-papiers Français de Cristal with Yolande Amic in 1948. Among his major clients: the Louvre, the Musée de Sèvres, the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum and the Cleveland Museum of Art.