(Naples 1865-1943 Buenos Aires)
Established in Rome in1897 at via Condotti 59 & 61 specialized in exquisite faience of the XV and XVI centuries. Between 1907 and 1912, he devoted most of his time to helping J.Pierpont Morgan build his great collection. Alexandre Imbert a noted connoisseur lent in 1911 the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris 500 pieces from his own collection and gave more than 500 Oceania pieces to the Musée de l’Homme exhibited today at the Musée du quai Branly. He published two books Causerie d’art (1900) and Ceramiche Orvietane dei secoli XIII e XIV (1909). Lucio Riccetti curator of the two exhibitions J. Pierpont Morgan, Alexandre Imbert e la ceramica medievale orvietana, Perugia, Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria – Palazzo Baldeschi al Corso, 7 novembre 2009 – 11 gennaio 2010 and Il ritorno della collezione Imbert a Orvieto, Orvieto, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, 13 marzo – 6 giugno 2010 Collected in 1909 Tra collezionismo e tutela.Connoisseur, antiquari e la ceramica medievale orvietana, Perugia-Firenze, Giunti, 2010, pays tribute to his scholarship in various fields.